Are you also one of those youngsters who are completely stressed with the premature greying of your hair? If yes, then we are here to share some of the tips on how to prevent the greying of hair. These days, premature greying is commonly seen among people. Well, we have a cure for this upsetting issue. Normally, the whitening of hair starts after the age of 40, but, if you start seeing white hair in your 20s or 30s, then, it surely is a matter of concern.
What is grey hair?
The pigment cells in our hair tend to die as and when we grow old. When there are lesser pigment cells left in our hair, then, they will no longer contain melanin. This gives way to grey, silver or transparent hair. The chemical named melanin is mainly responsible for giving a particular colour to the shaft of our hair. It is obvious for a person growing older to face the process of greying of hair. However, early greying of hair is something which stands undesirable.
Well, this is the apparent and natural cause of greying of hair. However, there are some other causes that we need to look at.
What causes white hair at early age?
- Deficiency of Vitamin B12–This vitamin contributes to the growth of healthy and strong hair. Adding to this, it, of course, plays a big role in managing the hair colour as well. Our body needs vitamin B12 for healthful red blood cells. These cells carry oxygen to hair cells as well. The deficiency of this vitamin can have a direct effect on melanin production. However, it is an evident fact that deficiency of such vitamins and some minerals can prove awful particularly for the health of your hair.
- Vitiligo –Vitiligo is an Auto-immune disease which affects some areas of skin and causes a loss of pigmentation. Therefore, it can, of course, affect some of those parts of the body that have hair leading to greying of hair. However, it is said that only 1% of the population has this disease.
- Genetics–Genetics is one of the prime reasons for premature greying of hair. If you come across greying of hair at an early age, then, it could be possible that your parents or grandparents may have faced the same issue when they were young. It is as simple and common.
Well, you can always get your hair coloured if you face such an issue.
- Hard chemical-induced hair products –It is never suggested to use harshhair products. You never know what effect a particular chemical may have on your hair. Chemically-induced shampoos may turn out to be the worst for the health of your hair and their colour. In addition to this, regular bleaching can never attend to the needs of strong hair. They can further reduce the melanin levels in the hair. Chemical hair dyes can contribute to premature hair greying.
- Thyroid–There is a usual certainty that hormonal imbalances caused due to thyroid issues can prevail as a reason for premature greying. Be it hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism, any of these could be blamed for the silver strands before a relevant age. It affects the melanin levels which leads to this issue.
So, these are some of the basic causes of premature greying. However, premature grey hair can be reversed. Let us see how.
1. Get yourself some enough vitamins Including vitamin B12, D and E. They can help you get rid of the white strands.
2. Stop yourself from bleaching your hair too often. In fact, frequent washing can also damage the hair to some extent.
3. You can apply coconut oil to your scalp regularly. Applying clarified butter on your hair is also a good choice to get rid of white hair.
4. Build up your routine to drink 8 ounces of carrot juice every day.
5. Regular usage of amla oil can work wonders for your hair.
6. Add green leafy vegetables, mushrooms, nuts and sunflower seeds to your diet. They contain some good lot of proteins, vitamins and several minerals such as iron and zinc which can prove to be great for hair and prevent them from turning grey.
This way, you can either prevent your hair from turning grey or if they have already turned grey, you can just eliminate white hair naturally. Well, all your hair need is some extra care and maintenance.
To read more blogs from the world of Ayurveda, visit My Good Hair.